If you have decided to update your business and explore the opportunities offered by the Internet, a Online store It should definitely be your top priority. The first thing to consider however are the costs of an Internet business, specifically the Ecommerce platform cost to use.
In this sense, we want to talk to you about the price of a PrestaShop online store, since this is one of the most popular online stores today. For many entrepreneurs who intend to create a online store for your business, This software will make it easy for you to manage a large number of activities that would not be possible otherwise.
Table of Contents
Viability of the online store
It is different to sell your products in a physical store than to do it through a online store on the Internet. To determine if your business will have success on the web, it is necessary to carry out a feasibility analysis, in which it is necessary to consider the organizational and human resources, develop a market study and analyze the results.
All this entails a cost, which must be added to the other costs of having an online store and which we will talk about below.
Buy a domain, hire a web hosting
One of the main costs associated with PrestaShop online store price it is precisely the purchase of a domain. As you well know, the domain is a unique name that is assigned to a web page and that identifies and makes it easier to identify one IP address on the Internet.
Along with purchasing a domain name for your Online store, it is also necessary to contract a service web hosting, where precisely the site will be hosted.
Currently you can find companies that sell domain names for between € 10 to € 25 per year, while a web hosting service can usually be hired from € 2,60 per month
Online Point of Sale terminal
So that you online store with PrestaShop works properly, you have to offer an option so that your customers can pay with a credit or debit card.
Therefore it is also necessary to add a terminal to the costs online point of sale that provides a secure way to make payments.
Prices vary depending on each side, however the common thing is that you have to invest around € 20 per month for maintenance.
Costs per design of your online store with PrestaShop
One of the main ones to create a online store with PrestaShop it has to do with the fact that you can access a lot of Themes or Templates to design your site in the way that you like the most.
You can find PrestaShop templates for a specific theme for € 59 or up to € 89.
Are also available multiple modules to increase functionality of your website in aspects such as increasing traffic, getting more conversions, improving navigation, shipping and logistics, administration, payments, etc.
Modules to improve the store
Another aspect to highlight from PrestaShop is that it has more than 3.000 modules that give your online store much more functionality, in such a way that you can customize many elements of it, as well as improve different aspects, including customer loyalty.
Each of these modules has a different cost depending on the services and functionality they provide. In any case, the important thing to know is that PrestaShop modules They are essential to increase the functionality of your online store and promote its development.
As we already mentioned, there are a lot of PrestaShop modules available, some of the most recommended are the following:
- SEO Expert module. It is a module that is intended to make it easier for your potential customers to find your online store easily through search engines and social platforms. The cost of this PrestaShop module is approximately € 181.
- Email marketing module. It is a very important module since with it you can increase the conversion rates of your Ecommerce and at the same time it will help you to retain customers. It is a module with which you can encourage your customers to return to your store again, you can even use it for promotional and discount campaigns.
- Abandoned cart module. In this case, it is a very useful module since every time your customers abandon the shopping cart, they will receive one or more reminders via a personalized email. This module will help you improve the conversion rate in your online store, you can even use it to provide discounts on emails that motivate customers to complete their order. The cost of this module is approximately € 145.
PrestaShop Ready price
Here at the PrestaShop Ready news It is one of the simplest and easiest Ecommerce solutions to use with respect to management and also does not require advanced technical knowledge.
This new updated and improved version of PrestaShop It is aimed at small businesses, FreeLancer, freelancers or SMEs, although in general it is suitable for anyone who wants to create a business with online sales.
Currently only three plans are available that can be accessed: Star, Pro and Premium.
- You can contract the Star plan for € 19,90 per month in a rate without taxes and for this price you can get an unlimited number of products, an unlimited number of used accounts, an unlimited number of images, plus you can access more than 600 functionalities, possibility to export data, customizable designs, even this version of PrestaShop is compatible with the mobile platform.
- PrestaShop Ready is also offered with a blog, free newsletter with up to 12.000 shipments per month, unlimited permanent support, support for payment by card or via PayPal account, sent through the main carriers, hosting on Google Cloud Platform, it even also has the SSL security certificate. Of course, this software to create online stores is multilanguage and multicurrency
It is worth mentioning that at present, PrestaShop Ready It can be used for free for 15 days without any kind of commitment and without having to provide your credit card details. Once the trial version is finished, you will have the option of contracting one of the aforementioned plans and guaranteeing that your online store continues to function properly and with the best results.
Additional costs of an online store
La purchase of PrestaShop software It is not the only cost associated with your online store. Along with the aforementioned, it is also necessary to consider other expenses that will basically guarantee better business results. Among them we highlight the following:
- Search engine optimization (SEO). If you want to have visitors in your online store and that those visitors buy your products or services, it is essential to implement a search engine optimization campaign for your Ecommerce. There are a large number of SEO services and agencies that usually charge between € 300 to € 500 per month.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM). It is also another expense that you must add to your PrestaShop online store and that is related to remarketing and the different advertising campaigns carried out with Google Adwords. All this can reach a cost of between € 300 to € 5.000 per month.
PrestaShop is undoubtedly one of the best tools to create online shopsHowever, it is not the only cost that you will have to assume if you really want your online business to prosper and offer you the desired results.
You should bear in mind that there are other associated costs that are equally important for your online store, including the domain name, Although there are free options, it is not convenient, especially when you are looking to enhance your brand. It is also necessary that you find an efficient and reliable web hosting service so that your online store always stays online.
Of course we must not forget about the PrestaShop modules, which will help you improve the functionality of your online store in many aspects. Likewise, you have to include the design by buying templates, which by the way you can find them in a wide range of categories, as well as the aforementioned SEO and SEM.
Considering all of the above, the price of a PrestaShop online store It can range from € 1.500 to € 3.000, although this figure may vary and increase depending on the needs of your online store.
Let's not forget that the issue of maintenance must also be taken into account, which must be carried out on a regular basis to ensure that your online store always remains active and accessible to all your customers, regardless of the device they use.
In any case we consider that the price of an online store with PrestaShop it is justified considering all the features and functions that it offers us.
From catalog management that allows you to manage a dynamic list of your products, to display everything you sell in a unique way and provide your customers with a wide range of options so that they can view the products they are looking for.