The social network Instagram It is one of the most downloaded and used applications worldwide, its use in the current era is fundamental, and as a means of dissemination for social, political, cultural, sports and commercial campaigns, which receives the income of thousands of users per day. From anywhere in the world, be it photos, videos or stories, the app that began as a small project for young people, ended up being one of the biggest successes of social networks, later bought by the social media mogul, Mark Zuckerberg , current owner of Facebook and WhatsApp.
The Instagram application makes available the best tools so that we can edit and issue our publications, upload photos with the simple inclusion of filters, cuts, color adjustments, location where it was taken, tagging users who appear in the photo, among other things.
The process for post photos It is always the same, in a practical and simple way we will teach you how to do it and all the adjacent tools that you can take advantage of.
Table of Contents
How to upload photos to Instagram
- The first thing you should do is enter the application, clearly downloaded from the Play Store or App Store, you have to create a new account or enter with your Facebook account, once entered, in the main window you will see 5 icons at the bottom of the panel, which represent specific actions. The most important is the one in the middle of all the others, you have to press on the “+” icon to continue.
- Later you will advance to a new tab, where all the photos on your mobile appear. If the image you are about to upload is recent, you will be able to access it from the first boxes; but if this is not the case, there is also the option to check by folders. In this section you can select one or more images to be published in the same publication, once selected click on Next.
- With this, another panel will open with the image or images that you are going to upload, as well as the different options that you have at your disposal to edit it. It is in this part where you can add a filter of your preference, or adjust its size, contrast, saturation, brightness, shadows, blur, among many other options that you can experiment, once the edition is finished, click on the option "Next".
- The last step to follow to successfully publish an image is the simplest, you just have to add a caption of what you think describes the photo or images that helps to understand what you show with the image, a space that you can also leave empty, at your own choice, you can add the location where the photo was taken, tag other users that appear in the photo and the applications in which you want it to be shared at the same time, such as Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr, to improve your productivity in social networks and upload in a single publication, the same photo to different social networks. When you have everything ready, click on Share.
Instantly you will be able to observe how the image is uploaded to the corresponding social networks, and you will also observe how your contacts begin to like it and generate new followers.
Remember that Instagram has parental filters so uploading adult content is strictly prohibited.
If you think that your image does not look in the right proportion or that it could look better, you can download third-party applications such as InstaSize, which allows you to upload panoramic photos, or with other graphic scales, adjusting them completely to the proportion of Instagram, so you can share all your content without limitations, forget that the complete photo does not appear or the important thing is cut, you can also add Great effects and frames to add a lot of originality to your posts.
In addition to uploading photos from your mobile, there is the possibility of publishing them from your computer. For this, there are several ways, the one we will teach you here is to use a Chrome extension called User-Agent Switcher. This powerful tool fulfills the function of changing the agent, making the Instagram application believe that the publication will be uploaded from your mobile and thus the action will be executed without any inconvenience or difference, since the platform for the PC is exactly the same as that of the mobile only with obviously larger graphic scales.
Next, it is explained in more detail how to install the add-on and put it into operation in order to perform the action described previously.
Instagram allows, with a trick of Google Chrome, the uploading of images without any problem. You can choose the platform on which we are supposedly browsing, whether it is Android, such as iOS, Windows Phone and others, the result being very similar between them.
Now, you have already learned the simplicity with which you can upload an image, now it is important that you know that you can also upload videos and stories, and recently even have your own channel with longer videos.
Tips for uploading a video to Instagram
To be able to upload videos that you have previously recorded you have to consider several aspects before uploading them:
- The weight of the video, since the Instagram platform only allows the upload of videos smaller than approximately 20MB.
- The duration of the video should be a maximum of 1 minute.
Reduce the weight and duration of the video.
There are several options on the internet, for example, there are pages that allow us to compress the video to reduce its total weight and at the same time select the 60 seconds that we want to publish on Instagram. One of these pages is Video Online - Convert, this website gives you the option to select the format to which you want to export as well as the duration, also you will not be able to exceed the minute allowed, but if what you think is to transmit a complete event, you can upload it as a live story, which allows up to more than an hour of recording.
How to upload a video to Instagram
Once we have our video with the appropriate duration and weight, we can upload it to our Instagram profile, the way to perform this action is exactly the same as uploading photographs, by clicking on the + symbol, selecting the video you want and being able to edit it to offer the best possible appearance.
Or you can upload a video to stories, which will last 24 hours visible to your followers and then it will disappear, a scheme similar to Snapchat, which has gained many followers, sharing images and videos of up to 15 seconds with filters and special effects that They are very simple to use, which are presented at the bottom in the section of your history.
How to upload longer videos to Instagram?
They say that there are no limits for the human being, and well we always find ways to weaken the system, Instagram is no exception, so I will teach you two ways to upload long videos to your account.
- The key is Instagram Stories in which you can only post videos of up to 15 seconds, but there are apps that help you upload a long video, cut into short videos of 15 seconds in which the sequence of what you are showing is not lost, in addition to being able to organize the output format to put panoramic images more easily.
- story cutter (available for free only for Android): This option allows you to shorten your videos to any length and not just 15-second clips. However, it is a bit longer than the iOS app.
- Story Splitter (available free for iOS only): Divide your long videos into multiple 15-second clips so you don't lose continuity. This free app has a PRO version, for $ 1 that will allow you to expand the available options and be able to upload excellent videos to your story.
Another way is by sharing a live story
If what you want is to share something that is happening at the moment, it is best to make a live recording instead of recording it and uploading the video later, do not miss the moment, and do that the others either, to be connected in all the time with your followers and the activities that you or your company carry out, thus gaining more and more views, the great advantage of uploading live videos is that it allows you to upload up to 1 hour of content in a single recording, so avoids the task of downloading third-party applications in order to upload a long video.