According to the number of Internet users increases, trends indicate that e-commerce will soon be the primary way to complete business transactions. Since both companies and consumers themselves are affected by electronic commerce, it is convenient to know what they are the advantages and disadvantages of Ecommerce.
Advantages of Ecommerce
- Convenience. All products are easily accessible through the Internet; all you have to do is search for them using a search engine. In other words, there is no need to leave home to buy products or even services.
- Time savings. Ecommerce also has the advantage that customers do not waste time searching between aisles or going up to the third floor. With an online store, the products are easy to locate and can also be delivered to the door of the house in just a couple of days.
- Multiple choices. There is no need to leave home to shop; You can choose from countless options, not only in terms of materials, but also in terms of prices. Different payment methods are also offered, so all the necessary items can be found in one place.
It's easy to compare products and prices. As the products are found online, they are accompanied by descriptions and characteristics, so they can be easily compared, even between two, three or more online stores.
Disadvantages of Ecommerce
- Privacy & Security. This can be a problem if the online store does not offer all the security and privacy conditions to keep online transactions safe. Nobody wants their personal and financial information to be seen by everyone, so it is essential to research the site before buying.
- Quality. Despite the fact that Ecommerce makes the whole buying process easy, a consumer cannot really touch the product until it is delivered at home.
- Hidden costs. When buying online, the consumer is aware of the price of the product, shipping and possible taxes, but it is also possible that there are hidden costs that are not shown in the purchase invoice, but in the form of payment.
- Delays in shipments. While product delivery is fast, weather conditions, availability, and other factors can cause product shipments to be delayed.